Saturday, October 8, 2011

{Finally Fall..Well Almost...}

Hey All,
So I know some of you already have the privilege of enjoying fall, but here is Southern California the weather can not make up it's mind!.. Haha... We got  taste of fall last week and today but word on the street is that sometime next week we will be back in the 90's... I mean I love living in So. Cal., but sometimes it would be nice to actually enjoy all four seasons...

Which leads me to my next point...This week we began learning about Fall & Leaves which is so fun, except when your little darlings are having trouble grasping this season when they are wearing shorts and all the leaves on the yard are still GREEN!  We even went on a leaf hunt to look for some colorful leaves but instead came back with green leaves... But we still had a good time and are looking forward to our next theme...SPIDERS!  I love this theme--it is truly one of my favorites...

So while we had a ball learning about leaves.. I took ZERO pictures {sad face}, but I will list some of the activities we did and post a freebie at the end...Yay!

1. We played with our "Fall Feely Box".. basically a small cardboard box that I decorated with brown paper and colorful leaves, and filled with some fall items like pumpkins, gourds, pinecones, and leaves... These were some home decorations I picked up at Wal-Mart one year and they've lasted awhile... We pass the box around the circle, the kids close their eyes and stick in their hands and pull out a fall surprise..

2. We Q-Tip painted leaves using the colors of fall...these are now hanging in my room...

3. We read Leaf Man and created collages using the leaves we found on our leaf hunt...

and

4. We painted trees and added orange, yellow, and green tissue paper for leaves...

That was the extent of Fall & Leaves, but we'll come back to it in a few weeks when we talk about pumkins and Harvest... Now to the moment you've been waiting for... There is a new blog out there Classroom Freebies where teachers can post FREE resources for other teachers... a whole collection of free stuff! [need I say more!]..It's pretty awesome..

So click on the image to download this freebie and look around Classroom Freebies!

Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment