Tuesday, August 23, 2011

{Teacher Talk Tuesday...}

Today is Teacher Talk Tuesday, and it's the day we are supposed to share some teacher advice with new teachers...Well to be honest sometimes I feel like I still am a new teacher... I mean this is only my third year teaching and I every year I change, add, do something different than the year before...But I guess that true of everyone...  Well here are some pieces of advice that fellow teachers gave me that helped me...

1.  My mentor teacher once told me that there was "nothing I could do that was going to scar the kids"...As a first time teacher I had this fear that I was going to do something horribly wrong that would affect them forever...And as cliche and well known as it sounds sometimes it was just nice to here....

2.  Sometimes anything that can go wrong will go wrong..and it's okay just remember to be flexible.. and have a backup plan...

3.  Use your collegues as a resource...Remember that old age two heads are better than one..well sometimes it's true...

4.  Teaching can consume you...it's a job that requires commitment and dedication, but make sure you take time to remember to do other things that you love...

5.  If your students know whats expected of them from day one they will rise to that expectation and most of the time they'll surpass it...

6.  Communication is the key to successful relationships with parents..emails, newletters, blogs, face to face..whatever works..

7.  If you're excited the kids will be excited...

8.  I know it can sometimes be hard to stay organized but it really can be a lifesaver..and if your room is organized chances are the kids will be/feel organized too...

9.  In preschool, it's okay to be messy...

10.  Always have fun! 

I feel that we have the most honored job...not only are we teaching these children to be good students but we are shaping them to be good people...What a priviledge! 

Thanks for stopping by..I hope that these words are helpful to you or remind you of a piece of advice someone once gave you...  Have a great Tuesday and remember to check back for Classroom Photos tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment