Sunday, August 21, 2011

{Meet the Teacher Monday...}

So I don't know about everyone else, but technically it's not Monday yet (here in California)...But when I saw all the other Meet the Teacher blogs on my Dashboard I couldn't help but join in...

Okay so this post is all about introducing myself...Well here it goes...

10 Things You Always Wanted to Know...

1.  My name is Gloria and I blog here at the Fantastic Frogs...named after my classroom...

2.  I graduated with a B.A. in Liberal Studies and Multiple Subject teaching credential from Cal Poly Pomona in 2007...

3.  I am currently clearing said credential through Azusa Pacific...

4.  I graduated with a M. Ed. in Reading from the University of La Verne in January...

5.  Growing up, I had no idea what I wanted to do...I know marine biologist and life long student were on my list..but I went into teaching because a) I had to pick a major and b) I love learning so I should do something where I help others develop that love...

6.  There are 5 things in life I can't live without... chapstick, iced tea, sandals, books and jeans (I am a jeans addict)...

7. I L.O.V.E. books...I love them.. love is does not even begin to describe it.. addicted, passionate, crazied... I heart them...I always have and always will...

8.  I never imagined I would be teaching Transitional Kindergarten but I love it...I truly feel like this is where I am meant to be...This is my third year...

9.  I love to travel and getting my passport stamped...

10.  I have the honor of being part of the most incredible family... and have a fantastic group of friends..

This is my sister and I in Venice, Italy last summer...

So that's me... in a nutshell...I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you...  Have a Happy Monday!!

2 comments:

Cortney said...

Nice to meet you! I'm also in So Cal. I was actually starting to look into master's programs and I looked at Azusa but I'm still thinking/planning before committing. I look forward to reading more from you this week.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm curious. ;-) For such a book lover, can you name a favorite? It's so hard to choose, isn't it? I can narrow it down to The Great Gatsby or The Time Traveler's Wife.

Post a Comment