Saturday, August 13, 2011

{Getting in the Zone...}

It is hard to believe that summer is coming to an end, but I think I am beginning to get in the zone of going back to school..something I know some of you have already done..Yikes! 

In an earlier post I had made mention of a cabinet I was looking into purchasing from IKEA...Well, I found something even better!!
 TA-DA!!
It not only has removable drawers [8 of them] but it also has wheels so it can live practically anywhere!! Which is the best part :)  I think this is going to work perfectly with my idea of morning centers/choice time/literacy centers/math centers and anything else I can think of...I was so excited!

Okay, now that I've shared that with you I can move on to other exciting things... After visiting Growing Kinders, I downloaded and copied Kathleen's Alphabet Sheets [which you too can have by clicking on the link above] to make Alphabet Mats to be used to sort magazine letters or alphabet cereal or beads... They just need to be laminated...

I also spent some time in my classroom last week and took some pictures to share with you..it's not much [really just two of my boards]
 The top one is where I hang up our art projects.  I use clothes pins to clip the projects to the colorful paper so I don't have to use staples or have to deal with staple removal [UGH!], which makes my life that much easier [YAH!]  The second one is my main board, when I get my class list I'll add little frogs to the pond with my kid's names.. also this board never changes...again I like to make my life easy...I add things with the seasons and such but for the most part it remains the same...

Okay now on to my adventures from today...I am fortunate enough to live in driving distance of a Lakeshore Learning Outlet so that's where I spent about 3 hours today--like any outlet you have to dig around to find stuff but sometimes its worth it...Here's what I found today...
Score! Right?! Being in the outlet was like a kid in a candy store!  So fun!

And of course nothing is complete without a little online shopping--I get into so much trouble with the internet..so many stores at my finger tips... Here are my Unifix cubes and Five Little Pumpkins on the Fence Felt Stories [I bought these from www.etsy.com] I also purchased Five Little Frogs and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom but I already took those to school..
 Yes, my name is Gloria and I have a problem [the first step is admitting you have a problem right?]  I also got two Pete the Cat books, the white and school shoes, sure to be an instant favorite...

Okay I this post is a LOT longer that I anticipated so I apologize and if you stuck through the whole thing than I applaud you!

Thank you so much for visiting and reading..Can I just say how awesome it feels to be pinned [check out www.pinterest.com to find out more] So many of you have viewed my I Have, Who Has cards and I hope they're helpful to you...I would love to know who you are so if you are able please follow my blog so we can continue to build this incredible community of teachers helping/inspiring/loving other teachers! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it. Just started blogging myself. Pleaes feel free to check it out and follow if you like.
http://rtiandyou.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment