Monday, July 25, 2011

{Never Enough Room}

Do you ever feel like there is never enough room is your classroom to hold everything that you have?
I know I A.L.W.A.Y.S. feel like this... I have come across and have collected so many activities and teaching resources I want my students to have access to but can never seem to find the room, and my existing bookshelves seem to be cramped with so many learning tools my students never find them all or never get to really interact with them...

I would love to do centers...honest to goodness centers...where students spend a time learning a skill and cooperative learning takes place...but I haven't figured out a way to make it really work [but I'll keep trying!] But I did find a shelf at IKEA..I L.O.V.E--love-- IKEA...They always have great stuff!.. Anywho I saw this shelf and I was thinking that I could use it do types of centers...


This shelf holds six of the small green buckets... So I was thinking I could place activities in the buckets that I really want the students to focus on that day or week and they would have to select one of these activities during center time... This would ensure that the learning tools are being use effectively and that the students are focusing on learning specific skills as a reinforce of circle time or whole group learning...The only downside is finding a place for my shelf to live... Still working on that one...

What do you think? How does center time work in your classroom--Do you use shelves or tubs? I'm open to any and all ideas... Have a happy Monday!

2 comments:

Fran Kramer said...

Hi Gloria,
I am your first follower! I am so excited to be first! Target is my downfall too and I just can't leave those dollar bins alone. However, I seem to have a bit of a problem in Costco too.
Fran

The Fantastic Frogs said...

Thank you for following my blog!! It's a work in progress but I'm loving it so far--I hope to add more as summer goes on and that it will become a resource for others :D

Post a Comment